Tuesday 20 March 2018

Sadako and the thousand paper cranes

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes
Author: Eleanor Coerr
ISBN: 978-0-14-240113-2


Hi Everyone,

This one made me want to cry!

It is a beautiful little story of a girl full of life, only to have that life taken from her by lukemia.  I had this on my book case, one of the many curriculum novels I have waiting for me to read.  I have had my children read them and I am now making my way along my shelves.  It is only 65 pages long but it gets a message of joy, life, heart ache and strength across in such a meaning full way.

I have to say I have never read a book, written for the young, with such beauty and power.  I wanted to run with Sudako, sit with her, and then help her friends far beyond her story's end.  When I finished the book I had to search the internet for more information.  I have handed the book on now to another adult to read, as her story stretches far beyond her town.

I would like to see this book read by many after me will definately be handing it on to friends to read.


Description:

The star of her school's running team, Sadako is lively and athletic... until the dizzy spells start.  Then she must face the hardest race of her life - the race againse time.

Based on  a true story, Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes celebrates courage that made one young woman a heroine in Japan.

This was available from: Book depositoryAmazon and Fishpond


Happy reading
Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes (Puffin Modern Classics)




No comments:

Post a Comment