Sunday 28 January 2018

Polyanna

Polyanna
Author: Eleanor H. Porter
ISBN: 978-0786181407



Hi Everyone,

Oh my goodness!  I love this little Gem.

I loved the movie as a child.   I still enjoy the movie.  But the book is the best!

I was impressed by the characters in when compared to the movie.  Most were the same and as I have watched the movie a few times now I was able to almost hear their voices 🙅  The only thing that I found different was the way in which Pollyanna loses the ability to walk.  There is no sneaking out to a fair and then falling while climbing back in the window in the novel.  I actually like the novels idea better it kept Pollyanna good, sweet, and innocent in comparison to sneaking out of the house.  Other than that most of the book was the same.  I wonder why movies so regularly take away the innocence of a novel?  I found Pollyanna just a treasure in character and plot, there was no real need to change her/it for a movie... in my opinion anyway.  But, I still love the movie none the less.

Overall, I am so pleased I read this.  I should have read it years ago 😊


Description:

"Oh, Aunt Polly, I don't know how to be glad enough that you let me come to live with you!" As soon as the orphaned Pollyanna arrives in Beldingsville to live with her strict and dutiful maiden aunt, she begins to brighten up everybody's life. The sick, the lonely, and the just plain miserable all fall under her spell and are transformed--until one day something so terrible happens that even Pollyanna doesn't know how to feel glad any more. First published in 1913, the tale of Pollyanna and the "glad game," the game of finding a silver lining in every cloud, is one of the most popular and enduring children's stories of all time.

Description from: https://www.amazon.com/Pollyanna-Eleanor-H-Porter/dp/0786181400


This was available from: Amazon


Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment