Sunday 8 January 2017

Dingle-Dangle Scarecrow

Dingle-Dangle Scarecrow
Sung by: The Topp Twins
Pictures by: Jenny Cooper
ISBN: 978-1-771543-194-7


Hi Everyone,

The Dingle-Dangle Scarecrow is just brilliant!  I love the illustrations in this version and the Topp Twins do a brilliant performance of presenting the story.  I couldn't help singing this as I read it.  Now, I have to admit a few thing here:

  1. I love scarecrows!  I have since I first watched the television series Worzel Gummidge.  Don't make me explain myself, if you watched Worzel as a child you will understand 😄
  2. I picked up this book because of the cover - I will always be drawn to good covers.
  3. The Topp Twins were a draw card, especially as my mother always loved them.
  4. I love bright, playful picture books.
This has to be the most delightfully illustrated book I have seen for a while.  I could sit and read this over and over, not becoming slightly discontented.  It is a beautiful book.

If you want a smile put on your face then take a look inside this book.


Description:
I'm a dingle-dangle scarecrow
with a flippy-floppy hat,
I can shake my hands like this
and shake my feet like that.

Shake a leg and sing along with The Topp Twins!

Hilariously illustrated by Jenny Cooper

The proof is there in my typing of the description... I had to sing it as I typed - It's an addictive song/story.

Happy reading

This was available from: Fishpond, Amazon and Book depository



No comments:

Post a Comment