Monday 23 November 2015

Worthy of Repeating


Hi everyone

This week I would like to share a quote from verybestquotes.com that touched me.  I have led a good life.  I have little regrets.  I have tried more than my best at most things in life.  Good friends and great family are ever present around me. 

Does this mean that I will be happy when my life flashes before me?   It got me thinking about the things I don't do and the things I never got to say.  Maybe my biggest problem is being too busy.  I miss the things I would like to see flashing over and over before my eyes.  The gentle smile of the friend I never took the time to say hello to.  This is partly because I was shy at the time, partly due to being tied up in my world and then there is the speed of life.

It is the unspoken things that I think I will regret the most.  The friendships I missed just because,  and the phone calls I didn't make when a text was quicker.

Quotes are good for getting you to think.  What will flash before your eyes?  Will it make you smile or will it just scare you?  We never look at ourselves but maybe one day we will.  I want to be happy with the picture painted of me in time to come.  I want to make a difference in the lives around me.  I would like to think I have inspired someone in just a little way.

Go on, make a difference today.  Make someone smile.  Inspire and uplift someone.  You will feel better for it, and you will like the picture painted of you one day when you get no say in what someone else thought of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment